Sunday, July 31, 2011

Save This Farm



Finally a relaxing Sunday








I know Sunday has been my day to relax and reflect; but, lately it has been a day filled with doing chores with Bob which I can't do alone. So last night I declared today a day off...I need to stop making such plans. We ended up mucking the feed lot...yeah, really relaxing..and I was doing a lot of reflecting... After the lot was clean enough for cows we did take a break and spend time with our two older children. After lunch we took a long nap (a really long nap).


Sometime between napping and napping I did take time to reflect on the many good things which happened this week; I purchased my first calves at an auction, I have good neighbors who help me a lot, Jake was found and purchased back, and my time with my family and friends was priceless. There are so many things to be thankful for I might need more than one day to rest and reflect. (sounds good to me)


Things Jake is thankful for:


1) raw egg at breakfast for a good looking coat


2) air conditioning


3) never ending all you can eat dog food buffet (I'm sure he missed these while away)

No comments:

Post a Comment