Friday, July 22, 2011

Save This Farm



Field Trip - literally








We actually went on a field trip to a field. (yes, we have a dull life) A local cattle farmer had invited us to come see his operation. So, we took the afternoon to go visit his farm. We learned a lot and purchased another calf. I know I started this adventure saying I was not birthing anything; well I have pulled a woman. I have changed my mind. I am building a herd and buying small bulls to raise for a few months and resale. The calf purchased today is staying and becoming part of my herd. (aka my girls)


I would like to think I am becoming knowledgeable about cattle, then I meet someone who is, and realize I don't know much. I am still researching the topic and have learned a few more of the words. At least I now know the difference between a bull and a steer.


Field trip facts:


1) it helps to know where you are going (Bob was right and I was wrong; again)


2) really, really wish Jake would come back from his trip


3) you can learn a lot by going on short trips

No comments:

Post a Comment