Saturday, July 16, 2011

Save This Farm



Perfect ending to a busy day








Ever had one of those days where you resume could list a dozen different occupations? Today started with being a maid (think bed making), then farm labor (think mucking), then vet (think vaccinating calves) and ending with chef (think preparing dinner). I am not sure I really enjoyed any of these occupations; so tomorrow I am going to try some different ones.


The thing about days like this is you do accomplish a lot. The house looks presentable. The corral looked good for a little while. The calves are vaccinated for a year. And, well dinner was a good chance to just rest and enjoy a hot meal. Now it is raining on the fields where my brother has just finished planting brown top millet. It has been a good day.


Busy day facts:


1) what you are doing will change in just a few minutes


2) Jake actually followed me around to see what I would be doing next


3) Bob had more occupations today then I did


No comments:

Post a Comment