Monday, July 11, 2011

Save This Farm



The grass is always greener...








To keep the cows happy we moved the fence to include the other side. We introduced them to the new pasture over the weekend. At first they needed a leader (me and my lead cow) to blaze the path. Two days I dutifully lead my herd into the new field, but today when I went to play follow the leader they had already gone without me. I was impressed with their courage.


The object of the game is to rotate the pastures they are grazing on every ten days and let the other pastures regrow for at least 20 days. To do this we need to have at least three pastures fenced. (I see more fencing in my future) It seems the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.


Cow facts:


1) they really are trainable


2) Jake is no help with this training


3) they know about the grass thing

No comments:

Post a Comment