Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Save This Farm



Sold to the lady in the third row








Yeah, I finally did it. I got the nerve up to purchase calves at the auction. I now I said I would never go back after the first trip. Women and their changing of the mind.... So today I went to the livestock auction by myself. I checked the calves in the holding pens, chose five that were possibilities, and waited. When the time came for the calves to be sold I purchased four different calves. (it was hard to keep up with calves running through the pen)


Now, here comes the God looks after fools and small children part (and yes I know which group I am in). After I had bought four calves I called the guy who hauls for me to be sure he could come. (I know, I know) He could, but it would be four hours later and I would have to wait around. Just as we agreed on everything my neighbor showed up and asked did I buy anything and if so he had his trailer and would just bring mine home with his. I called the first guy back and thanked him, but let the guy who was already there do the hauling.


Blind luck facts:


1) sometimes even a blind pig finds a mushroom


2) blind faith does pay off


3) Bob blindly lets me go shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment