Thursday, July 7, 2011

Save This Farm



"putting the cow before the book"








When you don't know what you are doing, do research. So, I ordered books and magazines on beef cattle. To my surprise I was doing some things wrong. (imagine that) I was actually getting my bull where I could pet him; the book says never make a pet of your bull. (something about respect) Even more surprising I am doing some things right. (way to go) The books says you should have a lead cow and train them so the others will follow. (I have a lead cow!!)


I wish I had done a lot more research before I started purchasing cows; but I didn't. I just hope none of the cows have been emotionally damaged beyond repair due to my ignorance. (they seem to be doing fine, mostly)


Research facts:


1) there is a book for that


2) Jake was purchased before I read "Marley and Me" (he might not be here now if I had)


3) reading never goes out of style

No comments:

Post a Comment