Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Save This Farm



Cattle Sale Barn


aka

somewhere I may never go again





Lordy, lordy...I didn't remember the sale barn being this much fun from my childhood. Today I chose my green strappy sandals, black carpi's and pink polo shirt to wear to the sale; what I should have done was knock the cow mess off my work shoes and worn my old grey t-shirt and denim shorts. I was the entertainment of the day. Every time a cow kicked down the gate, lunged at the helpers or fell down I jumped, gasped or cringed. One ole' timer asked would I be back every week so he would know to come.


The most shocking part, besides the cattle prods, was the fact people were eating while seating around a pen full of cows...really??? I think I might not have fit in. I obviously am becoming a cow snob, because nothing at the sale looked good enough to bring home to my "girls". So, after several hours of being the floor show we left the sale empty handed. Luckily the three cows we sent to sale sold well this time...thank goodness for some good news.


Facts about cow sales:


1) don't dress nice


2) I don't feed Jake around the cows (omg)


3) I'm glad I made some one's day (even if they talk about me for a long time)

No comments:

Post a Comment