Saturday, July 30, 2011

Save This Farm



Warts and all...








Okay, so who knew cows get warts??? Well, one of mine came with them and like all small creatures shared them with some of his closest friends. I am sure eating from the same bucket was exactly like wearing the same hat when it comes to spreading things that are hard to get rid of. And, no matter how many I time I lectured them about rubbing heads, they just would not listen. (what's a mother to do?) So this morning we vaccinated all twenty of them with a "wart vaccine". (I know, I know) This involved loading them up, carrying them to a friend's farm who has a head stock, weighing, and vaccinating them. It only took three hours of six people's Saturday morning. (I used to sleep in on the weekends....heavy sigh)


After a morning of such thrilling fun I had lunch with some of my closest friends. We have been meeting once a month for about five years now. At first it was about the cleanest house, the best cook, but now it has become about the people. We are the first to admit we have warts, but somehow sharing them makes them easier to handle. (maybe my cow knew something) We have shared our ups and downs. We celebrate the ups and often laugh about the downs.


Wart facts:


1) whether we want to admit it or not we all have them


2) I don't want to check Jake for his (I am afraid of where they might be)


3) masks really don't hide them

No comments:

Post a Comment