Friday, July 29, 2011

Save This Farm



Bucket List Kind of Day











I crossed a lot of things I did not even know I had on my "Bucket List" off my "Bucket List" today. We began the day shopping for ear tag kits. (really, choosing tag colors/marked off list) The next stop on our fun filled day was actually using the ear tag kit. The four calves I purchased at the auction Wednesday didn't have tags, so we tagged them ourselves, just me and Bob. It was way more fun than the brochure showed. The first one knocked down one of the gates we were using to hold him. The next one was a great kicker. (no one got hurt, but shit did fly) The next two were just as enjoyable. (tagging cows/marked off list)


Tonight when I thought I had had all the fun one day could offer, the lady who had Jake, my dog, in her fenced yard showed up wanting to be reimbursed for keeping him. (really, being charged for my dog/marked off list) She was not totally nice. She really didn't want me to keep Jake. (aka Sam; yes, she had named him) She felt she had rescued him because he loved her; he loves everyone. (confrontation with someone over my dog/marked off list) I tried to be overly nice, but ended up $100.00 poorer. She had taken him to her vet and had him tested and vaccinated for everything he had already been vaccinated for. (being a pushover/marked off list)


Reasons today being over is good:


1) I learned how to do a lot of new things


2) I still have Jake aka Sam


3) My "Bucket List" is so much shorter

No comments:

Post a Comment