Saturday, July 23, 2011

Save This Farm



Our new second home








We are making payments on our second home a little bit every week. (too bad it doesn't have a bedroom, and I haven't seen a kitchen either) We are dropping about $400.00 a month on this sweet little place. The current owners know me by name. They have even called me at my old address to let me know I should come by and make another payment while picking up deliveries they have for me.


Actually, they allow us to pick up 50 pound bags of cow feed for our small installment payments. The other day they trusted me with cow vaccines and needles. (scary thought, right) Last week for a little larger payment they sent me home with 650 pounds of brown top millet seeds. (very generous of them) Truth is, this is the local farm and seed store. The sales clerk and I have known each other for years. She has a been a hugh help with my new career. She has only laughed in my face once. (there has been some snickering behind my back) She has probably saved my cows lives.


Local farm store facts:


1) you need one with knowledgeable clerks


2) they haven't seen Jake either (I asked)


3) a clerk who knows you well enough to call your mother to get your cell number is a keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment