Sunday, July 3, 2011

Save This Farm



Ouch.











Yep, I need a band aid for my head too. Sharp objects and I have always had issues. Forty years ago I was opening a case of baby formula. Bob handed me his hooked utility knife to cut the box; while waiting in the emergency room to be treated for a self-inflected stab wound I kept asking, "What were you thinking, giving me a sharp object to open a box with?"....well twenty years ago my mother gave me my first set of tools for quilting. While removing the rotary cutter from its package I cut off the very tip of my finger; while waiting for the tourniquet to stop the bleeding Bob asked, "What was your mother thinking, giving you a sharp object to play with?"


Well the curse continues....today while attempting to mend a barbed wire fence the first thing I did was lean over and stab myself in the forehead. When the bleeding stopped I asked myself, "What am I thinking?"


Facts of my life:


1) sharp objects should be avoided


2) Jake is better with sharp objects than me


3) Band aids can be purchased in bulk

No comments:

Post a Comment