Friday, August 26, 2011

Save This Farm

Slow Learner
Confession time (again). In one of my first blogs I noted you could not herd cows in flip flops. Well....today I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to put on my work shoes (aka sh.. kickers). I believed all my cows would behave and come without any herding. (yeah, I know)
Two of the newer calves found themselves on the wrong side of the fence. They could see the other cows and the food...they just couldn't remember where the gate was located. So..being the good cattle owner that I am, I walked down the fence line to bring them to the gate. They were not bad to herd, but the flip flops were a hugh mistake.
Things to remember:
1) herding calves takes walking on rough ground
2) herding calves takes walking in

No comments:

Post a Comment