Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Save This Farm

****WANTED****
Jake is in BIG trouble. Yesterday he killed one of my mother's little yellow kittens. He had a reputation as a cat chaser, but now he is a "cat killer". I just thought that was bad. This morning I was awakened by a call from the sheriff's department wanting to know if my dog was missing. I had to check; but, yes my dog was gone, again....
The dispatcher gave me an address and told me to hurry. I got dressed quickly and drove about 2 miles to the location they had given me. Sure enough, there was the sheriff's deputy, animal control, and a hysterical woman. (not me) It seems Jake had gotten in with a bad group of dogs early this morning and gone on a rampage. The dogs had killed the woman's goat and molested her dog. (luckily, I think, Jake was not among the goat killers, but he was the molester) Thankfully he has been "fixed", so no puppies will come from his horrible behavior.
Things you do not want to hear first thing in the morning:
1) this is the sheriff's department
2) this is the emergency room
3) do you have a yellow lab?

No comments:

Post a Comment