Monday, August 22, 2011

Save This Farm

Boy or Girl?
Well, two out of three ain't bad...at least Meat Loaf sings so. I have to confess I missed the sex on one of these three calves. The one hiding the fact she is not a he was a mistake. I thought in the rush of the auction today she was a he. (Bob is still laughing) At least she was a bargain, she cost me the least per pound I have spent on a calf yet. So,,she will stay for the four month flip period and move on. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised and make a profit....
Well, I don't claim to be an expert, but I am embarrassed. It really should be simple to sex a cow. I mean it is right there in the open....but....
Things I still need to learn:
1) to more quickly sex a calf running through the auction pen
2) to laugh at my mistakes
3) how to profit from my mistakes (they may be the only thing I profit from)

No comments:

Post a Comment