Thursday, August 11, 2011

Save This Farm



Watching and Waiting








We are getting a new girl tomorrow. She is going to be a member of the herd. She is actually a registered black Angus heifer. She is about 9 months old. As you know earlier in the week the final decision on the bull was made; also a registerd black Angus. I hope they like each other, I so think blind dates are stressful. I guess you could really say it is an arranged marriage. (I am not going to explain any of this to the children)


This will make us needing a table for 25. We need another feed trough and another water one too. I can not believe we have increased our group to this number already. Next Wednesday 4 of the hiefers that didn't make the cut will be carried to the sale. I hope I can find 4 little bulls to take their place, and the cycle continues.....


Cow sales facts:


1) the more you want to not get attached the more you do


2) Jake is a little jealous of the cows (he really loves the children)


3) Jake and I might need another talk....he is under the bed again (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment