Monday, June 13, 2011

Save This Farm





Money, Money, Mon ey.






(no piggy banks were injured in the making of this photo)















Well, unless there is a legal world wide pyramid scheme with my name at the top I need to make some money from my cows. There are several schools of thought on the proper time to sell. I have tried to listen to all the advice I have received with an open mind. There are a lot of smart people in the cow raising business. The final decision to start selling has come down to the need for an immediate cash flow. So today the first three calves are going to market....






My grand plan is to sell three calves and purchase four younger ones every two weeks for the next three months. Hopefully some money will be left over from this selling and buying merry-go-round session and I will be gradually increasing my herd. I am holding my breath that this won't be a "what we need is a bigger truck" story.






Some things you need to know about money:






1) buy low, sell high






2) dogs don't care how much money you have, to a point






3) pyramid schemes and merry-go-rounds are not terms usually found in financial plans

No comments:

Post a Comment