Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Save This Farm




Oh What a Difference a Week Makes








Yes, these are the same cows we chased for three hours last Tuesday. I have worked with them twice a day for the last seven days. Each day gets a little easier. Today four of the twenty-three cows we have came running to meet me (I know, I know). They almost followed me into the corral. The object is to get all 23 of them to follow that green bucket filled with "sweet feed" into the corral.


I realize there is more work to be done. I am just amazed that they could be so afraid of us last week and now we have them eating out of our hands; sort of. We are also looking into selling the bulls on craigslist for butchering. They are grass fed and Angus. This is supposed to be two positive points in our favor. Wish us luck.


Things to celebrate:


1) I only have 23 cows to train; for now


2) my dog has learned to stay out of the way of this training; he is no help


3) someone invented "sweet feed"; way to go

No comments:

Post a Comment