Monday, June 13, 2011

Save This Farm







Do these shoes look too big for my feet?







Reality is beginning to set in, and just like that very unsure child in Mrs. King's first year French class I am unsure of the language being spoken. Hanging weight, on the hoof, grass fed, grain fed, animal byproducts, humane treatment, butcher orders, fat content, etc..... One thing I am thankful for is the gender doesn't have to be figured out for each item and the verbs do not need to be conjugated.


The thing I am sure of is I do want to raise the calves in the best possible environment . I grew up on a farm and I know where steaks come from. The number of calves to the acre will be low, the water will always be plentiful and fresh, and I will try not to name them.


Three points to remember when learning a new language:


1) you don't know everything


2) dogs don't care what language you speak


3) there are people who do know the language, so ask them

No comments:

Post a Comment