Sunday, June 19, 2011

Save This Farm



Sunday, finally








After a long, hard week I didn't think Sunday would ever get here. I am just exhausted from all the cow chasing, figuring out the sale barn, and keeping up with paperwork. I was beginning to think I wouldn't find anything good to reflect upon. But, just when I was about to put this week down as a loser, I found not one, but two ripe tomatoes.


When you can find one good thing, others come to mind. I recalled Tuesday's cow chase and remembered my dog Jake had been left in the house "5" hours without supervision. Nothing was destroyed and nothing needed cleaning up. Then today when I went to train the calves on the "sweet feed" one actually saw me coming and ran up happy to see me. (yeah I know it's not really me, but the sweet feed)


Things to be thankful for this week:


1) two tomatoes; so Bob and I do not have to fight over them


2) a house trained dog


3) a calf being happy to see you (sweet feed)

No comments:

Post a Comment