Saturday, June 18, 2011

Save This Farm



The Check is in the mail








True to their word the cattle auction sent the check right on time. Two of the three calves I sold did very well...which means one of the calves did not. Actually, one of them did really badly. I know I have a lot to learn, but this was a disappointment. But the glass half full concept says I should be glad only one did badly and two did well. I only hope I don't drown in that half of glass of whatever.


And, drum roll please, to add insult to injury the bank on which the check was drawn was closed Friday by the FDIC. I hope this is not my sign. Thankfully for me another bank assumed the assets, which means the check is going to honored by the new owners. In "the big picture" I have little to be down about because one calf didn't sell for what I hoped. The closure of a bank is such a bigger deal. The stock holders loose, employees are without jobs and a void is always left in the community.


Lessons learned:


1) things don't always go as planned


2) dogs don't make plans


3) you are not alone in things not going as planned


No comments:

Post a Comment