Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Save This Farm



The "Sweet Feed" drop is made






On the advice of my cow hauler and one of my best friend's husband; his sister refers to "sweet feed" as "cow cocaine", a purchase was made. The training (addiction) has begun. Two containers were placed near the water troughs so the cows can become accustomed to having the treat in the corral. The plan is they will come every evening to get their fix. This is the first step in getting the cows to want to come to a certain area when WE want them to, not us going to them and begging them to go where we want them.

I have high hopes for this plan. The first day of every month is heart worm treatment day. I do not know what is put into these pills, but my dog thinks they are a little bite of heaven. If cows get as excited about the "sweet feed" as my dog Jake does about heart worm pills (drooling on the floor is involved) this plan can not fail!

Info for training animals:

1) consistency counts

2) dogs go for flavor, not sure what flavor?

3) remember you are being trained too

No comments:

Post a Comment