Sunday, June 26, 2011

Save This Farm




I know, I know,
I am late, but it's Sunday





You would think I could catch a break. Sunday is my day to slow down and enjoy the coffee. Obviously nobody told the cows I might not be as prompt today as I usually am. When I arrived at the barn this afternoon to give them their "sweet feed" fix they were all waiting in the pen giving me the evil eye. Two weeks ago I couldn't get close to them, now they are on more of a schedule than me.

I never thought of cows as individuals; but now each seems to have something unique about their personalities. The largest bull (#69, and no I didn't give him that number) is very, very, hard headed. Two of the girls (#71 and #81) were the first to come when called and are now my best friends (as far as cows go). Last week's run aways have calmed down and can now be touched. But my all time favorite is a small steer who runs up the hill to me whenever he sees me come out to the field. (he just reminds me so much of my lab).

New discoveries:

1) I can now recognize cows by their behavior

2) Jake is jealous of the cows and is not allowed to go to the barn

3) everything has something unique about it

No comments:

Post a Comment