Thursday, July 8, 2010

Going Green and Getting Debt Free in 2 Years - day 9

Trash Day

I am sparing you a picture of our trash!

Our weekly trash pickup actually happens on Friday morning, around 3:00 am. So, we put our trash container out on Thursday afternoon. When Bob is out of town for work on Thursday evening, which unfortunately happens a lot, trash detail falls to me. Oh, the glamorious world of a housewife. We also put out the trash for my sister (keep thinking place in heaven). So it is a small event to get everyone's trash corraled and out to the side of the road, no curbs in rural Gerogia.

Last week I began recycling and today is the day to see if I have really made a difference.

Happy Trails to me! Bob and I have reduced our trash by 60%, yes 60% in the first week. Now I am motivated to beat that next week. This contest is on!

goal #1 - going green - Reached and motivated.

goal #2 - reducing debt - a lot of money is spent on garbage, the initial purchase of the item, picking up the trash, disposing of it and we are taxed at every level. No immediate dollar amount, but no extra cost to do the right thing.

goal #3 - enjoying the good life - sense of accomplishment.

Now, if I can just talk everyone into doing this......

1 comment:

  1. You need to get Bob to start a compost bin for you. You will be amazed at how much that reduces your trash too.

    ReplyDelete