Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going Green and Debt Free in 2 Years - Day 22





Everyone gets the same 24

Yes it is 10:10 am at my house. I have already laundered two loads of clothes, ran the dishwasher, polished the furniture in the den and vacuumed the house. My goal in this is to beat the heat. The temperature here has been averaging 95 degrees for days. To keep the air conditioner from fighting the heat generated by the appliances I am getting up earlier than usual and trying to finish using them before the temperature reaches so high. For the record I am NOT a morning person and finishing everything this early is a big deal at our house. The good part of this is I now have 12 hours left to do other things, like read, quilt or knit. (there could be a nap in my future)

I am amazed at the extra time I now have. I didn't realize how much time was wasted running errands that could be combined, washing clothes when the machine wasn't full, or not using the dish washer for everything. I now have the time to do other things that help us go green. What I thought might be a waste of time actually seems to be a time making machine.

goal #1 - going green - who knew going green was a time generator

goal #2 - becoming debt free - waiting for the next payday to figure the exact amount (think accrued interest)

goal #3 - enjoying the good life - time is on my side

Could our wasteful society being wasting not just our planet but our lives?

2 comments:

  1. You could add a clothes line to Bob's honey do list. That would be another way to cut energy use. We have one at our new house. I am going to use it for the next load of towels. They usually take the longest to dry in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. We had a clothesline when we were little, loved the fresh smell of the sheets!! Let me know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete