Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going Green and Becoming Debt Free in 2 Years - Day 8



If you write it down, it will get done.

If you do not work a "real" job you become the errand runner, you know since you aren't doing anything else. In an effort to reduce my gasoline use I did not run any errands this week until today. I did start a list of everything that needed to be done. I have a master list of errands, a grocery list, a pharmacy list, a post office list, etc...

I planned out my route and began this morning at 9:30. First the bank, then the post office, the recycling center, the pharmacy, and lastly the grocery store. (In the south you do not fool around with getting your ice cream home in the summer.) The one place I did not stop was the gas station. I completed the master errand list and was home at 12:30. None of these errands suffered because they were done a day or two after they were thought of. The gas savings were pretty good and the lists helped me get everything purchased for the next week. The grocery list actually saved me $30.00 (according the receipt) because of checking for sales and matching coupons.

goal #1 - going green - cut gasoline use by 50%.

goal #2 - debt reduction - I'm giving myself $100.00 on this one, gas savings, grocery and pharmacy savings. $104,780.00 - $100.00 = $104,680.00.

goal #3 - enjoying the good life - actually seeing the debt go down.

Bonus - extra time. When you are not running errands all the time you have more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment