Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Save This Farm

Finally, after a pretty painful birth...
It was a four delivery. The first calves out were so little they would have needed to be bottle fed. I am sorry something that small scares me. I am afraid I could do something wrong. Also, they would have to be fed at least twice today. So, I went for the 200-250 pound babies. I tried to buy several but was out bid on all but four.
They are cute. They hit the ground eating. (no bottles needed) They did cry some and my girls came over to check them out. Everyone introduced themselves and seemed to get along. The new calves are in the new calf pen and seemed safe and somewhat happy.
Sale barn facts of the day:
1) just because you want a certain calf doesn't mean you can afford him
2) Jake can stay in house

No comments:

Post a Comment