Thursday, September 1, 2011

Save This Farm

The Thrill Is Gone
Yes, we said good-bye to three more cows yesterday. Remember the excitement of the cow sale, the smell of pooh, and the joy of watching people eat ice cream while sitting around a cow pen. Well after 5 hours of sitting at the sale yesterday I can now say it is no longer thrilling. I don't think watching paint dry could have been any more boring.
Everyone was so tired of watching cows sale that the owner of the auction barn passed out soft drinks and snacks. The problem was someone sold off their entire farm so there were twice as many cows to sell. I wish I had known, so I could have chosen a different date.
Confessions from a 5 hour cattle sale:
1) my fanny went to sleep after 1 hour
2) I could have gone to sleep after 3 hours (but the auctioneer would not shut up)
3) after 5 hours I ate a candy bar while sitting next to a cow pen (oh the shame of it all)

No comments:

Post a Comment