Thursday, January 26, 2012

Save This Farm


New Kids on the Farm
This is three of the seven calves we purchased for Christmas. (I never thought of cows as Christmas presents before now!) As you can see the sweet feed continues to work its magic. They were only two to four months old when they arrived. We have learned a lot about calf daycare since our first purchases...a good thing for the calves. One of them became very ill and dehydrated. We actually force feed her raw eggs (I'll believe anything on the Internet). The amazing thing is it worked! She is doing great and they are all out in the pasture with the big girls now.
Reasons research is my new best friend:
1) I have cured warts
2) Jake is still alive and kicking
3) I saved the life of at least one sick calf

No comments:

Post a Comment