Saturday, October 15, 2011

Save This Farm

So we have a routine....we feed the cows, we count the cows, we check the water, we check the fences, we feed the cows, we count the cows......
Yes, we have settled into normal (at least normal for us). I would say we know what we are doing; but that would just cause something to go wrong. (never brag, it will bite you) Even the cows seem to know what to do. They come when they are called, mostly. They are all growing and even the sick one from last week is doing very well.
For now I am pleased with our progress. No money has been made, but we are getting by with Bob supplementing the sale of calves. I am now at the point of selling three buying four. I know when the number grows to buying six or seven the work load will increase. For now I am enjoying the peace of knowing what to expect.
Things I know will happen (or least pretty sure they will happen)
1) I will oversleep
2) Jake will let me oversleep
3) the cows will let me know I have overslept

No comments:

Post a Comment